Good mental health is linked to higher quality work, innovation and creativity.
And basic mental health awareness and planning leads to a decrease in sick leave, workplace accidents, burnout and staff turnover. Managers have a crucial role to play in shaping an environment where this can happen. In this session we will support you to understand how to play that role.
- To understand the basics of mental ill health
- To recognise when a staff member may need support
- To develop strategies for supporting a staff member
- To know how and when to signpost for further support
- To know your role in supporting a staff member’s return to work
- To explore strategies for self care
- To develop ways to increase your own resilience