Events / Investigations in the Workplace (Delivered with RavelWorks Africa)
Investigations in the Workplace (Delivered with RavelWorks Africa)
Workplace investigations are an opportunity to build your organisational culture. More often than not, investigations end up being a stressful experience for all parties involved.
For managers, HR practitioners, and staff directly involved in carrying out the investigation, the process can be especially daunting.
This four day training will use a variety of scenario-based exercises, case studies and practical examples to focus on the skills needed to conduct an investigation in a way that robustly addresses conduct violations, inspires confidence within the team, and models psychological safety.
During the training participants will:
- Become aware of the steps and key stakeholders in an investigation process
- Learn how to conduct, analyze and record investigation interviews
- Be familiar with how and when to report and communicate investigation findings
This training will cover:
- How to create a reporting culture (from policy to practice)
- How to set up an investigation team
- How to respond to an allegation or complaint (different touch points throughout the investigation)
- How to conduct an investigation interview (sequencing, flow and communication skills)
- How to ensure confidentiality and manage investigation information
- How to compile an investigation report and communicate investigation outcomes
- How to communicate with staff and manage team morale during an investigation
- How to promote psychological safety during an investigation
- Understanding and protecting the rights of the complainant and the accused