A comprehensive 2 day course to take delegates from basic first aid through to management of life threatening injuries. The training would be useful for anyone operating in a remote areas where accessing health support will be significantly delayed or those delegated to take a lead in responding in the event of injury or illness.
Through practical problem solving exercises and role-play, delegates will gain confidence and practice whilst using their own common sense and imagination to consolidate the theoretical knowledge instilled by our experienced trainers.
• Prepared with the skills and knowledge necessary to cope and save life in the event an accident, attack, illness or injury in a remote hostile environment.
• Aware and have in place protocols in order to triage, treat and stabilize multiple casualties.
• To be confident, prepared and ready to manage emergency casualty evacuation.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Assessment of an accident and priorities of care
- Casualty Evacuation planning and resources available.
- Primary and Secondary Survey
- Care of unconscious breathing casualty – recovery position
- Care of unconscious non-breathing casualty – CPR
- Bleeding control & dressings
- Application of CAT/SWAT tourniquet and pressure dressings
- Spinal injuries - immobilization and management
- Gunshot wounds
- Sucking chest wounds
- Blast and Crushing Injuries
- Broken bones – slings, splinting.
- Head injuries – Concussion and Compression
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns
- Management of medical shock
- Heat stroke, diarrhoea and other travel health problems
- Management of mass casualties